The Awaited One Foundation announces our first worldwide Holy Month of Muharram 1431 contest giving away cash US $1500.
The contest is open for registration until 22 Muharram [Janruary 8, 2010] Midnight EST (05:00 GMT). Participants will be asked to review a number of Islamic sources such as articles, books, and short videos put forth by The AOF and answer a total of 72 questions. Each week we will publish a dozen questions [12 total] over a six  week period. At the end of the period contestants will be asked to submit their answers electronically to the AOF. The AOF will soon thereafter announce the winners of the contest.
Please read the contest rules carefully to understand how the contest works.
Registration Page [Closed]
Here is the list of the winners of the Muharram 1431 Contest. Some information about the contest before we proceed.
- There were over 100 submissions from every part of the world.
- There were 20 perfect scores [72 out of 72]
- The average score was 68 out of 72
Now a little about the prize scheme.
Initially we put out prizes for the top 5 winners ranging from $100 - $500 based on our budget. Alhamdulillah we were able to increase it to 10 prizes with winners 6 - 10 also receiving $100. After more donations came in we decided to give prizes to all those who scored perfect so participants ranked 11th - 20th were awarded with a prize of $50.
Here are the winners based on a drawing amongst the top 20 scores.
All Winners will be contacted directly from us on how to go about claiming their prizes.
1st Place - Shaida Imtiyaz Abdulrasul [Dar es Salaam, Tanzania] - $500
2nd Place - Qasim Raza Merchant [Dubai, UAE] - $400
3rd Place - Asma Kirmani - [Sharjah, UAE] - $300
4th Place - Hira Hasnain - [North Carolina, USA] - $200
5th Place - 10th Place - $100
Fatima Aly Jaffer - Nairobi, Kenya
Sajeeda Mustafa - Dubai, UAE
Sakina Thawer Rashid - Ontario, Canada
Masooma Zahed - California, USA
Rizwan Gulani - Muscat, Oman
Amena Habib - Tanzania
Rest of Winners - $50 US Cash Prize
Abbas Hussain Badami - Sindh, Pakistan
Aly Karim - Tanzania
Fatemah MohamedAli - Tanzania
Hasnein Mohamedali - Tanzania
MohamedHussein Alidina - Tanzania
Narjis Khatoon Thawer - Capetown, South Africa
Sadiqa Habib - London, United Kingdom
Sajeda Bhallo - Pennsylvania, USA
Sajida Mohammad - Tanzania
Zainab Thawer - Tanzania
The theme this years contest will be the Heroes of Karbala
Contest rules and regulations
Participants can be from any part of the world and must have a photo ID to collect their prize
Participants must register. The deadline for the registration will be 22 Muharram [Janruary 8, 2010] Midnight EST (05:00 GMT) at the following page
Each weekend there will be 12 questions posted on the website over a 6 week period with a total of 72 questions.
The answer submission form will be sent out to the participants and will be posted on the AOF website on the 40th of Imam Hussain [as], 20th SAFAR [Feb 5, 2010]
The final date to submit answers will be 28th SAFAR [Feb. 13, 2010] death of the Prophet [s] Midnight EST (05:00 GMT)
The winner will be announced live on 9th RABEE ALAWAL [Feb. 24, 2010], the date of the inauguration of our beloved Awaited Imam [aj]
- Due to the high demand and participation of the quiz we have delayed the announcement for the winners until the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad [s] and Imam Ja'far As-Sadiq, which will be Thursday March 4, 2010. We will broadcast the announcement for the winners live on AOFTV at 10 pm EST - http://www.awaitedone.org/aoftv.html | We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you understand our announcement.
The prize money will be sent to the winner through the international money exchange which will require a photo ID and a cell phone number amongst other information.
- The contest is open participants worldwide.
- Only one submission is allowed per household.
- Only five  prizes will be rewarded to the top contestants with the best percentage on the quiz.
- All ties will be dealt with using a draw from the tied contestants.
- Answers need to be kept by the contestant and be submitted when the answer submission form will be made available online on 20th SAFAR [Feb 5, 2010]
- The AOF reserves the right to change contest rules and regulations as it sees fit.
Please email us at email@example.com for any questions or use the contact us page
All questions asked which are answered on this page will not be responded to.
The prizes are as follows:
1. Section 19 [Chapters 23 -24; Pages 230 - 266] NAFASUL MAHMOOM (The Grieving Breath) by Sh. Abbas Al-Qummi author of MAFATEEH ALJINAAN2. Chapters 1 & 2 | Muslim Son of Aqeel3. The Unsung Heroes of Karbala
4. Movie - The Caravan of Pride - موكب الاباء - Full Movie on aftermath of Karbala [ENG SUB] | Youtube
- AOF Disclaimer | The contents of the 'The Caravan of Pride' expresses a made for film depiction of the aftermath of the Tragedy of Karbala and for what happened in reality was much more tragic and painful than that which could be depicted in a film. The accounts of the narrations mentioned in this film are based on the narrations of some historical accounts and may differ as many historians wrote about this great tragedy.
- Special thanks to Al-Masumeen.com for the English subtitles to the film.
Please remember that you should save your answers on a word document on your computer until the quiz submission form will be made available online on 20th SAFAR [Feb 5, 2010] Do not email your answers to us.
Choose the best answer. If you have any confusion in the questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Question Set #1 - Available
Question Set #2 - Available
Question Set #3 - Available
Question Set #4 - Available
Question Set #5 - Available
Question Set #6 - Available
Quiz Submission Form